A multinational optical retail chain contacted VTT as they had a challenge to resolve - they had worked internally to move their training to a virtual approach and struggled. The programme had been halted and the client needed assistance to re-engage trainers to successfully make the move to virtual training.
To train the company trainers on virtual delivery, design and interaction.
To fully encourage embedding of virtual training in the trainer group.
To energise the trainer group and help them recover from the setback.
Help the trainer team realise the benefits to their colleagues and to themselves of embracing virtual training delivery
- They engaged VTT to run a Train the Virtual Trainer programme
- A plan of delivery was mapped out to achieve a standard of competence, confidence and use of the technology
- We delivered masterclasses to cover three main focus areas:
- How to deliver quality training in the virtual environment
- Designing virtual workshops to create interaction and learning transfer
- Using the technology seamlessly and effectively whilst delivering virtually
24 trainers were upskilled from F2F to Virtual practitioners in a timely fashion. New skills were established as was confidence and ownership of ‘going virtual’. In-house workshops were rapidly designed and delivery has since been ongoing.
The complete programme has achieved what the client originally wanted;- speed to market of training delivery for new products etc, carbon use reduction, cost saving and reducing trainer travel.
Here is just one comment that meant a lot to the team at VTT from a trainer on the programme; “Massive confidence in virtual training now.” It reflected all the hard work and skill that was invested in this programme.