This public body contacted us as they had recognised that training for them needed to adapt and evolve with the modern workplace. The primary challenges for the client were reduced physical working space; less room availability and a more geographically spread workforce. Their training, going forwards needed to be more virtually led and delivered in more bite-size learning chunks.
1. New learning demands of the organisation.
2. Requirement for both virtual design and virtual delivery skillsets.
3. Internal trainers and training designers with no virtual experience to date.
4. Misconceptions of what virtual training is and how it works.
5. Some poor previous experiences of ‘digital’ training.
6. Large numbers of trainers and training designers requiring to upskill.
This challenge was a new one for VTT as we were faced with training both training designers and training deliverers at the same time. Both groups had different requirements- one design and one delivery and yet the programme needed to be integrated for both. The approach was for the designers and deliverers to pair up and work on a sample design and delivery training that was bespoke to them throughout the TTT programme:-
- Delivery Masterclass
- Design Masterclass
- Creating Interaction Masterclass
- Platform Masterclass
- 2x live practice session
22 trainers and designers were trained and upskilled to go into immediate virtual action - in addition the TTT programme enthused and engaged the total team to go virtual.
VTT provided support in between sessions as the trainers started to experiment and build their future virtual workshops.
The programme was completed over a 3 week period.
Workshops were delivered virtually very quickly after the programme was completed and the feedback from participants who attend them has been totally positive.
Demand on training rooms has been minimised, travel costs saved and all employees can enjoy training wherever they are sited.