This is a global engineering organisation with its head office in the UK. VTT runs a number of training delivery programmes with this client. On this occasion a recent engagement survey had highlighted that team members wanted more and better coaching from their managers ongoing. A programme was developed for delivery across India, the US and EMEA for ‘Coaching Conversations’.
- Engagement Survey highlighted a need for improved coaching by managers.
- Managers geographically distributed across continents.
- Requirement for consistency across the organisation.
- Client required that the workshops be highly practical.
VTT designed a 3-hour virtual workshop that included the following:-
- Highly interactive processes for participants
- Theory and practical ideas shared
- Significant practice time in virtual live environments
- Practice sessions observed by colleagues and coach alike
- Feedback is given ‘live’ to participants
The workshops shared best practice whilst affording managers time to deliver some live coaching and receive feedback and coaching themselves as part of the process. The 3 hours (with a break!) was designed for high interaction and was delivered in an energised way with managers reporting that they enjoyed the process.
Currently, more than 160 managers have attended the ‘Coaching Conversations’ workshop across the globe. Feedback from them has been incredibly positive. The programme is ongoing. Not one manager has had to travel to obtain this training, enabling the client to use their training budget further by expanding training availability to all regardless of geographical location. The client is also satisfied that the whole programme has been delivered consistently across borders and time zones and will continue to be so.