This situation required VTT to consider how to encourage a growth mindset for employees in a forward looking city council in the UK. Culturally, the client organisation wanted to encourage truly self developing employees who would drive their own performance conversations. This requirement was borne out of the organisational vision the client had developed.
1. 100-minute workshops required.
2. Participants located in multiple sites.
3. Multiple job roles/seniority amongst participants.
4. Shift systems in place for different teams.
5. Positive organisational move to using Microsoft Teams more and embracing technology.
VTT designed a virtual sprint workshop that was both practical and inspiring which included:-
• Bespoke design of a 100 minute sprint workshop on Developing a Growth Mindset
• Multiple time deliveries across shift patterns of participants
• A focus on creating a more self-led approach to learning & development
• Encouraging participants to drive their own performance conversations
• Helping participants to positively reflect on their own performance
• Enhancing a digital approach to all training
- The UK had training available only in a F2F format.
- The USA had no training available at all.
- Providing the USA with F2F workshops would induce significant cost where there was no appropriate budget.
- The next appraisal round was imminent meaning significant time pressure on delivery.
- The client wanted to create consistency for all in both countries.