An insurance industry client posed VTT a challenge, resulting from engagement survey information evidencing that their managers needed to improve the quality of conversations concerning challenging issues. Managers were either struggling to induce difficult conversation or indeed were avoiding them entirely. The solution needed design for both virtual and F2F delivery that could also be included in a wider leadership development programme.
1. Supporting managers to have well-constructed challenging conversations.
2. The solution needed design for both virtual and F2F delivery.
3. The training needed to provide practical approaches delivered in bite-sized workshops.
4. Key subject areas needed to be defined for focus in the training delivery
2 design approaches were developed for a suite of 3 workshops to include both virtual and F2F delivery.
3 workshops were designed to focus on key subject areas:
- A ‘flipped’ design was developed for the workshops. Participants watch a pre-prepared video of theory and content before attendance.
- Workshop time was used to practice the theory and content with feedback.
- The pre-work videos were placed on the client LMS - so available for all - rather than just participants.
The 3 ‘flipped’ workshops are now delivered via both virtual and F2F approaches successfully and have been oversubscribed for attendance since inception.
Use of the videos from the client LMS has been significant and feedback from managers overwhelmingly positive.
The workshops are also now part of a wider leadership programme within the client organisation.